June 16, 2008

I have the best husband!

Robert took me down to California this last weekend for a little vacation. On Friday we left work early so that we would not be stuck in all the traffic on our way down to L.A. We stayed in a hotel just a few minutes away from Manhattan Beach. It was so nice. The weather was great; it was in the high 60’s. So that was a nice break from the heat in Vegas. That night we went to one of my favorite places to eat in California and that Ruby’s Diner. They have the best shakes. Ruby’s was right on the beach so the view was not bad either.
There was even a classic car show out in the parking lot. After dinner we went down to the beach and just enjoyed the view.
(The best looking guy I know)
(Robert kept taking pictures when I was not looking)
(The view we had at dinner)
(We love the beach!)


On Saturday, we spent most of the day at the beach. We went to Manhattan Beach in the morning but it was so cold and foggy. So, we decided to go to Seal Beach which was much nicer. I just love the beach. Robert and I both had sunscreen on but that did not matter. We both got fried.

Later that night we went down to Sunset Blvd. We started in Bel Air and worked our way down through Beverly Hills, and then to Hollywood. I just love to look at the homes in Bel Air and Beverly Hills. They are amazing. When we made it down to Hollywood it was around 7:00 pm so all the weird people were out making their way up and down Sunset Blvd. Robert and I had fun just people watching. You would not believe what kind of people hang out there. Robert was excited to see the big Hollywood sign because he has never seen it before.
On our way back Robert decided that instead of driving back to Vegas the next morning we should go to Disneyland for the day. And anyone who really knows me knows that there is no way I was going to disagree with that. I love Disneyland.

(Roberts chest was even worse)
We got up early the next morning so that we could be to Disneyland when the park opened. It was so fun. It was not crowded at all in the morning so we did almost all the rides before noon. Even though we were both in pain from our sunburns we had a great time at Disneyland.
(Disneyland!!!!)

(We were wet from head to toe when we got off splash mountain)


(My favorite princess)
Now I just need a vacation to get over this vacation.

8 comments:

Robert & Brittany said...

You guys are so fun! If you would have told me on Friday you guys were going to Disneyland, I would have hopped right in and forget my husband! haha j/k, I am glad you guys had fun! Now are you ready for our exciting road trip this weekend?! woo hoo!! :)

Lara said...

Dang I am jealous! I am glad that you guys got to go, it looks like tons of fun! Enjoy all the time you can while you have no kids! We want to take Dallin sometime SO bad, we need to plan a vacation with you guys! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! When we went to the beach last year I got the worst sunburn of my life! I had the worst sun poisoning and I was in excruciating pain for 3 weeks! I hope you guys feel better.

Kellie Knapp said...

ok... AMEN on loving Ruby's... I'm obsessed!!! I love that place with all my heart! You are so so cute Heather! I'm so glad you guys got to go have fun! Live it up before the babies!!!!! Maybe you should come to Utah next and pay us a visit!!!!

Sarah said...

I just wrote this long ol comment and it totally didn't post!

Looks like fun! Glad you guys could get fun trips in before you have babies! It's so hard to get away after that. I love disneyland too! Daisy and Shooter must have had fun together because she came home filthy and exhausted! lol.

The Allen Family said...

I'm so jealous!!! Heather, two things:
1. Your short hair is darling!
2. Where in the world did you get your darling blog background? :)

Joy said...

You're probably wondering who in Bothell, Washington is checking your blog! Well, it's me, JOY!! I'm so glad I found you guys. All your vacations look AWESOME!! And...San Francisco will be SO FUN! YAY. Hope to see you on the 12th at church!

Sarah said...

Heather! You're so cute! It's my turn to be jealous that you went to Disneyland! It, likewise, is my favorite place!! :)